J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Friday, December 7, 2007

Deep Sympathy

It is with deep sympathy that I tell you that there is a good chance that...

...I may be putting my blog to rest! I was actually thinking that I might keep it up until the end of the year but have decided not to do that either.

I can't believe that I have kept up with it for nearly a year (at the end of the year)!! It has been a joy and pleasure getting to write about what is going on with me and my family and the changes that have taken place within me, particularly, over the past several months. However, most of the time I feel like I have been writing to myself! While this can be good there comes a time when I must branch beyond that "box". I am at a place where I have to stop writing about it and start doing it more frequently.

As some of you have seen in my posts, I have re-evaluated a lot about myself over the past few months. I have stopped straddling the fence, realizing the full extent of following the Lord's commandments, and I have moved into perhaps not greeener -- but deeper pastures. Deeper spritually, deeper in the knowledge and fear of the Lord and a much deeper focus overall.

I have a lot of things going on that I haven't written about yet. Not because I haven't got the time but because I am still learning. Learning that my ways are not the Lord's ways. Learning that I have quite a lot still to learn. Learning the true reason why we are here. With that being said, I feel like my time that I have spent has been good -- but not good enough. Perhaps, I am using too much of the time not doing the other things that the Lord has commanded that we do -- sharing and preaching the gospel of Christ. It is so heavy on my heart that I can not think, concentrate or put my focus on anything else. Part of the reason I started this blog was to do just that.

I also know that I need to continue to build my marriage as pleasing to the Lord and to grow my children up in the knowledge of the Lord. I feel that this as well as other areas has been neglected to some degree and I hope to get my focus back to the requirements of the Lord.

I want to thank those of you who have been faithful readers. It has been wonderful sharing the past year of my life with you.

What is next for me? Well, I have lots of ideas. I even have an idea for another blog but will put that on the back burner for now. I do hope to still write and if any inspirational ideas come to me, well, I guess I will have to stick with e-mail for now. My blog will still be up and I will not delete it for now because I may indeed return.

Merry Christmas!

"The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; pray therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest" (Matthew 9:37)

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Renee--don't go...will you still visit my blog?

I'm not even caught up with the ones you have now!

Renee said...

I hope to return!

I just need a break I guess. To refocus the "focus" if that makes sense. I've had such an overwhelming desire to stop that I just can't get over it -- so I think a break will do me some good I hope. I'm sad by the whole thing but must concentrate on other things for a while.

I will still be a blog stalker no doubt about that!