J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Temporary Highs


List of top ten temporary highs:

10. What kind of car you drive

9. What kind of house you live in

8. Your dreams

7. Your television

6. Your church

5. Your job

4. Your friends/family

3. Your marriage

2. Your kids

And, the number one temporary high....

1. YOUR LIFE

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

3 comments:

Sunny Shell said...

Right on sister! I love it! This is a great post! Sweet, simple and right to the point!

Much love,
Sunny

Renee said...

I probably could have written a lot more but thought the point was better this way....and as you know I write to myself a lot so...gotta keep it simple sometimes.

Lisa Smith said...

I write to myself constantly...so much that I recently thought I posted something already and searched forever trying to find what I'd already written only to discover that it must've been in my head! crazy.

Love this post. You should make t-shirts...or at least write Letterman. It's that good.

Oh, and as for the hammer I use on my kids, it's a velvet one. ;)