J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just A Tractin'


(Above is image of Mind Game tract available at Living Waters.)

My Father in heaven, today I pray for the several people that you created that I was able to step out of my comfort zone and give tracts to this week. I pray for the cashiers at McDonalds, the young teenager who was behind me in line at the drive-thru that I paid for her breakfast, the cashiers at the mall, at the grocery store, and the other tracts that I placed around for others to find.

Lord, use them to open the eyes of their hearts to the saving and loving grace of your gospel. Use them to bring them to true repentance and to cry out for you.

Please continue to use me to do your will. Help me to keep my eyes on you and not go by what I see.

Thank you for your lovingkindness and mercy.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, you encourage me so. I started "tractin" this week after getting back as well. I was nervous the first time, but it gets easier each time. I was frustrated at first as I shared this week, but as I began to seek the Lord more and more and He reveals His plans, I realized that I am in the company He said I would be. I like what you said about the followers anyway because the blog is for HIM not me!! I have actually been encouraged by my feedjit because even though people aren't "commenting", the Lord is bringing people every day and even if they only read my blog once and receive the gospel that is more important than if they come back to hear about my experience at the grocery store today. Thanks so much for your honesty and faithfulness...I will be coming by often to learn what God is revealing to you.

Amanda Bowers

Renee said...

Thanks for your comment Amanda! Just keep on doing a little every day and it will get easier!

I have been tracting and doing scattered one-on-ones for about 18 months now. Recently, though I had slowed down a bit with some things the Lord was working through me and teaching me. Don't think I am out of that "learning" season yet (and never will be!) but he is slowly bringing me back into continuing to reach others more consistently.

Are you a member of Ambassadors Alliance?

Blessings dear one!

Lisa Smith said...

Renee, I am praying for you as you share...May we all be so diligent! I usually carry a few tracts with me and hand them out on occassion, especially when somebody hands me something, we trade.

Also, thanks for your comment...that is so cool about Fireproof, the kissing scenes. Did you know I was actually wondering about that?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.