J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stupid Evangelism

The greatest lie in American Christianity is to say the "sinner's prayer" and declare yourself saved. We must stop promoting this!

2 comments:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Amen sister!

There needs to be more exposure to this sort of dependency on a few small words.


If you get the opportunity, please say a prayer for the requests on the main page of our site.

God bless you,

Mark Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - feel free to follow our blog or grab a free button if you feel led to do so. :)

Grace Abounds said...

Good stuff! People need to hear this. I needed to just over two years ago when the Lord saved me from my "stupid little prayer"... well actually, I had said that prayer lots of times.

I've seen people prayer the prayer and have people repeat after them. One time I asked a pastor if he knew that's wrong and that he just made that kid have false assurance. He PUT HIS HEAD DOWN and said, "YES." I then turned to the kid (teenager), gave him the true GOSPEL with the Law of God preceding it; he didn't want to hear it and walked away. I turned back to that pastor and asked him why he did it... he said, "Because I get into a hurry sometimes. I know it's wrong." I asked, "where will he go if he dies in a car accident tonight?" He said, "Hell."

Amazing, isn't it? The pastors sometimes even KNOW that they are doing wrong, but they buy the lie that getting more people in is better... shame on them!

Tamara Slack
www.SeedSower777.blogpsot.com
www.Benzology.blogpsot.com
www.YarnDesigns.blogspot.com