J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Monday, July 20, 2009

You Know You Are An Evangelist....


From Last Words Radio

You Know You’re An Evangelist…

10. Because every time you take your wife out on a date, you’re secretly scoping out prime open air spots.

9. When you ask for Gospel tracts on your birthday, Christmas, Fathers Day, Independence Day, Columbus Day, and the Martin Luther King Jr holiday.

8. When you buy shirts because they have pockets for tracts.

7. Because you lose friends on Facebook on a daily basis.

6. When a character is dying in a movie, you can’t help but hope they hurry and put their faith in Christ.

5. When you take out a home line of credit and convert the cash into dollar bills.

4. When nobody wants to invite you anywhere, because you’re "that guy" who's always sharing the Gospel with everyone.

3. When you hear a Christian say “God bless you” to someone who sneezes, and you ask them if that’s the extent of their friendship evangelism.

2. When you find yourself starting to preach the Gospel to your Sims family.

1. When there are so many tracts, charts, and pieces of open air equipment in the trunk of your car you discover there is no room for the kids.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You have NO IDEA how much I needed this today. #7 is so true!!!! I keep having to go back to scripture to remind myself that what I am doing IS LOVE and not hate. Satan constantly tries to accuse me of being a Bible thumper who is ostrasizing my loved ones, but how can I compromise when that is exactly what Jesus did! It cannot be about me and my friendships...life and death are worth too much!

Grace Abounds said...

Hahahaha regarding number 3! That's hilarious. I agree with jcdisciple. Satan tries to convince me of the same things. I don't know if I've lost friends on Facebook because of evangelism; most of my friends on FB are Christians, but there's a couple who aren't. Maybe they just stop looking at what I post :)

Tamara Slack
www.Facebook.com/Romans4 (just in case anyone wants to "friend" me then "defriend" me lol

Grace Abounds said...

Hahahaha regarding number 3! That's hilarious. I agree with jcdisciple. Satan tries to convince me of the same things. I don't know if I've lost friends on Facebook because of evangelism; most of my friends on FB are Christians, but there's a couple who aren't. Maybe they just stop looking at what I post :)

Tamara Slack
www.Facebook.com/Romans4 (just in case anyone wants to "friend" me then "defriend" me lol

Lisa Smith said...

hi renee!! funny. how can we not share the good news with people if we really love them?

oh and how do i get this fb bloggy thing up? glad to follow ya there!!

Warren Baldwin said...

We need more people like this, don't we?! But must admit, I haven't seen many people use the tract approach like they did 20 years ago (and I did). Neat post.

Note: I linked here from Amanda's site.

wb