J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Homesick


My precious grandmother Mary Paul Krumnow went to be with the Lord one year ago today. She is now living in blissful peace with our Lord and heavenly King.

She was our Great Grams, grandmother, wife, mother and daughter. My grandmother was the most kind hearted giver of anyone I know. She would have given me the shirt off her back if I asked for it. I wish I had more time to give back the way that she did for me. More of my time, more of my love, more visits, more phone calls, more letters. She helped shape me into the person I am. She was always there for me...always.

It all goes by too fast. I am grateful for the memories. And what great memories I have that I will cherish forever. I am grateful for the time I did have. I am very grateful that she got to know, to spend time with and to enjoy Beth and Parker.

(My Grandma and Parker's first Christmas 2003)

I am blessed to have you as my grandmother.

The Lord reminds me that this life will pass away and we will begin a new one in his presence. I wouldn't wish you back for anything.

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where the heart is then I'm out of place
Lord won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
(MercyMe)

He helps me through the hurt. He helps me through the pain.

I love you.

I miss you.

I miss you...