J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Still Thankful


With Thanksgiving 2007 now come and gone, I am still thankful!


Thankful that my turkey turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

Thankful that we have family to share another Thanksgiving together. Thankful for those who came and enjoyed food, fun and fellowship with us.







I am thankful that the Aggies can beat Texas two years in a row. And, I am thankful that when change happens we can leave the past behind, remembering the good times, while we anticipate new and fresh beginnings.

I am thankful for our soldiers who volunteer to fight for their country and for millions of people that they don't know. I am thankful for their dedication and courage even when there is little applause for their service.

I am thankful that the wrath of God was satisfied on the cross for our sin with the death of his precious son. I am thankful for his faithfulness and his never ending grace and mercy.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (1 Chronicles 16:34)

Thankful...still.

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

The turkey is pretty impressive.