J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Thought For Today


In the midst of a thousand bombarding thoughts today that just don't want to seem to end I am teary-eyed. Teary-eyed for souls. And it's really not any different from any other day lately. My heart cries out for the lost. For the unsaved. When God begins to work He doesn't do it in a small way. In fact, He has literally been breaking me. Breaking me from my earthly lusts and filling me with a hunger for Him. In the midst of this brokenness He is growing an unspeakable love for others the kind that He has.

It is most indescribable.

I continue to ache and to hurt for those that just don't see it. My eyes well with tears and concern for the countless lost souls that don't know my God. Those that love Him with their lips but their actions are far from Him. Those that sit in the church pews thinking everything else but about our precious Lord and Savior. Those that have turned away because He just hasn't done anything for them lately.

My heart aches for the people that I have encountered that refuse to have anything to do with me because I dare to tell the truth. Am I so big of a person that nothing will phase me, nothing will bring me down? No. I am not big. But my God and my Savior is and it is His work that I so long to be done through me. I long for freedom from fear and I cry out for the endurance to keep the faith and continue to set out to do what He has commanded and to warn the lost no matter the cost.

He shapes me. He molds me. His work is not complete.

4 comments:

Shaina said...

Everything that was said in this post is exactly how I've been feeling lately.

I feel like I have this cure for a disease that everyone has, but so many don't know that they have the disease and if they do, they don't want to be "cured".

I often feel like it's me against the world and I feel so powerless. But we know it's not that way.

Because of what Jesus did we have more "power" than we realize. The Holy Spirit dwells in us. It is God who gives us the strength to do His Will and knowing that can make all the difference when we are faced with the challenge of spreading the Gospel. I am SO grateful that He is always with me, no matter where I am or what the circumstances may be.

Renee said...

Shaina -- So true! When I first got started in this new process for me of really living the life and incorporating that with winning souls I was so empowered! Then I got hit with a ton of bricks and I had to start over with not just living it but learning HOW He wants me to live and and let Him order my steps. What a learning process but I am so grateful for it for where would I be if He had not broken me? Probably the same ole person! Praise be to our God!

Lisa Smith said...

Renee. This is such a gift. I love your heart.

Sorry I haven't participated in tag yet. I have it written in my head.

Text me your phone number again. Thanks!

Amanda said...

You know what sisters! I thank God that He is bringing us together to encourage each other. I, too, have these feelings daily. It can be so frustrating. I told my husband this morning that sometimes I get so tired of the lie that satan has convinced everyone about the "judgment" verse. I know you have heard it. I am often told that I don't have compassion for people and my heart shatters. I want to scream, "Don't you know that is exactly WHY I am saying this!!" Poor Jeremiah, he didn't have blogs to find others like him. We are fortunate!!

God bless you both, Renee and Shaina