J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Friday, December 5, 2008

Try Jesus For 60 Days

Recently, Rick Warren proclaimed on the Hannity and Colmes program that everyone needs to try Jesus for 60 days and if he doesn't do something for them that he will give them their money back.

So, Rick, what are we to do when it really doesn't work out for these people in 60 days?

God did not come to deliver us into health, wealth and prosperity. He came to deliver us from hell.

Where is the gospel? Where is it?

This is why people are "trying" God and when he doesn't work out it's so long Jesus.

Why can't we just encourage people in the gospel? Why does our God have to be shaped and formed into everybody's "friend"? He is a holy God who demands our obedience and submission! He is not standing around giving hand outs to whoever wants a sample.

Our hope is in the gospel for a lifetime....not for 60 days.

4 comments:

Caron said...

I liked your last sentence here! Amen!
Imagine His blood... sampled! Speaking of health/wealth/prosperity... Are you familiar with the work of Justin Peters? He spoke at my church and comes highly recommended by my pastor, Dr. John MacArthur. Click on the video...

http://www.justinpeters.org

Renee said...

Caron -- thanks for visiting! Yes, I am very familiar with Justin Peters! His work is fantastic and I wish that he actually had more materials that I could devour.

Thanks for sharing that. And, you are incredibly blessed to be able to attend MacArthur's church! May you continue to grow in his mercy and grace.

Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee!
I too was disturbed by what I saw on the interview....I felt like Jesus was being advertised by this man as if in a commercial or something.....flat out blasphemy if you ask me and I get so weary of this!! Maybe , by God's grace, He will change this man's heart and if not, well, I am sure he will find out who the real Jesus is on that great and terrible day.
Angela

Amanda said...

My updates from your site must not be working b/c somehow I missed this.

Amen sister!! I wish people would just give the gospel and let God do the rest...stop adding to and taking away from it...it's already perfect to convert the soul.

God bless you this Christmas.