J.C. Ryle

"When a man’s heart is cold and unconcerned about religion – when his hands are never employed in doing God’s work – when his feet are not familiar with God’s ways – when his tongue is seldom or never used in prayer and praise – when his eyes are blind to the beauty of the kingdom of heaven – when his mind is full of the world, and has no room for spiritual things – when these marks are to be found in a man the word of the Bible is the right word to use about him, and that word is, ‘Dead.’”

Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


1. When I was growing up I lived on a farm in East Texas. I had to milk the cows before and after school -- well one cow. I would get up at 5 a.m. and call the cows in from the field. One morning my cow wasn't cooperating and I was frustrated. So I did the only logical thing you could do--- I bit her on the ear. I'm not kidding . I bit her. You should have seen the look of surprise on MY face!

2. I've owned and driven about six cars in my life. I drove a small Chevy truck in high school, then a Geo Spectrum (don't ask), a Honda Accord, two Honda Odysseys (death to the mini-van!) and now an Aggie maroon Hyundai Santa Fe.

3. I love Sonic. In fact I go just about every day! A very bad habit I tell you. What do I get? Plain, ole unsweet iced tea with lemon! I can't start my day unless I have a huge 44 oz foam cup in my hand.

4. I stopped drinking diet coke about two plus years ago now. It's one of the reasons I now drink a lot of tea!

5. I have a shoe fetish. No, not that I love to buy shoes but I must be wearing shoes at all times. I never like to go barefoot unless I'm at the beach. Otherwise, shoes must be on my feet at all times preferably with socks.

6. I picked the names of both of my kids when I was in high school. No joking. I'm still amazed by it.

7. I absolutely detest unloading the dishwasher.

8. For some reason, I add random numbers together. If I pass a sign with numbers on it like the speed limit I automatically add them together.

9. I like numbers but I hate math!

10. I am so glad to know there is more required for eternal life than just saying a Christian sinner's prayer. By grace I have repented, become born again and put my trust in my Lord Jesus Christ.

11. I try to leave gospel tracts everywhere I go. One of my favorite places is credit card machines at gas stations, restaurants (like Sonic), and bank ATM's.

12. Everyone should take the Good Person Test (www.thegoodpersontest.com). I did and I failed!

13. I've discovered that I battle sin more now than ever in my life but it doesn't bum me out. It's better to battle it now than to answer for it later. (For more on that see my blog post "Shades of Gray")

14. I love peppermint candies. I pretty much have them with me wherever I go and have withdrawals if I run out.

15. I found the best prayer for true repentance is Psalm 51.

16. I use the 10 commandments in witnessing to bring about the Law in the sinner's eyes to see how they have disgraced God and deserve judgment.

17. I have a huge compassion for the souls of non-believers and false converts.

18. I would absolutely love to go to theological seminary. I would fail but oh, what I would learn! For now, I just listen to courses online.

19. I would also love to go to culinary school and there is no doubt I would really fail that! But boy that would be fun (not failing) but learning more creative things! Guess I'll have to stick with Food Network for now!

20. I lately have been battling some weird physical things going on in my life. I am thankful for my prayer warrior friends who have lifted me up when the hard times call and thankful that the Lord will not leave me or forsake me.

21. One of my favorite prayers to pray is Psalm 51:10-13 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from thy presence, and do not take thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of thy salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors thy ways, and sinners will be converted to Thee."

22. I have given away about 20 - 25 copies of two of the greatest books The Way of the Master by Ray Comfort and One Heartbeat Away (English and Spanish) by Mark Cahill.

23. I met hubby Trey in high school but we didn't start dating until after I graduated. In March we celebrate 13 years!

24. My parents used to own a Christian book store/health food store which I worked in all growing up. The things we sold the most of were vitamins and Bibles and frozen yogurt!

25. I love my Lord and Savior more than this life!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

That cow is freaking me out! I love you, Renee!!!